Vancouver Racquets Club (VRC) is a member run, not-for-profit squash and badminton club located in Vancouver, British Columbia and has about 450 members. Membership demographics range from juniors to seniors, with the doubles court providing a great outlet for it’s oldest members. World class development, coaching and training opportunities are available to all levels and members are encouraged to take advantage of all resources. VRC has a fun, inclusive and community driven vibe, and hosts a variety of provincial, national and member tournaments. The Club’s amenities also include a pro-shop, Grub Gourmet, the in-house restaurant, and the “Last Serve” bar where many members can be found post-match.
About the Role:
The Head Squash Professional will work closely with the General Manager, office team, Squash BC and other relevant stakeholders to create and ensure member engagement through strategic Squash programming at Vancouver Racquets Club. The Head Squash Professional will work to build membership, including and focusing on junior development while ensuring resources and coaching opportunities are available to all members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build, grow and maintain a comprehensive junior program through coaching, mentorship and skill development
- Act as a Club liaison by encouraging membership, actively developing current members and participating in member events
- Implement a system to record, maintain and manage the various programming and operational needs of the squash club
- Promote and foster the growth of squash within the club and community by developing an adult squash program that actively develops current members while giving prospective members the opportunity to experience the benefits of squash
- Organize, promote and oversee the club leagues and ladders, as well as inter-city league
- Organize and host two annual provincial tournaments including planning the funding, marketing, and logistics
- Offer provide lessons to all members and be available with resources, expertise and knowledge in a coaching setting as requested
- Actively grow women’s squash at VRC, including the rolex replica maintenance of existing programming
- Coordinate the annual internal VRC “Club Championship” tournament
- Support the additional member – run “fun” tournament such as Dingles, Cups, Calcutta in order to build and foster engagement and community
Key Factors for Success:
- 2-3 years experience as a Head Club Professional or Assistant Head Club Professional
- High school diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum Level 1 NCCP coach or equivalent, level 2 or higher preferred
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven leadership and development skills
- Proficiency in basic computer tools including email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Sporty HQ web-based competition management platform and Quick-Draws court booking system an asset
- Love of Squash and the desire to grow the sport
- Remuneration and terms and conditions of the position will be discussed at interview.
How to Apply
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Interested candidates should send a detailed resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some travel reimbursement for short listed candidates may be considered, depending on travel distance.
Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens or those with existing work visas. Other visa options will be considered for the correct Candidate.